Find out about...
Nutrition and Diet
NUTRITION & DIET
This one day course can be delivered on your premises, in your locality or at our Training Centre at our Head Office in Leyland.
The course will start at 9.30am and finish at 4.30pm, with a break for lunch. (N.B lunch is not provided)
This course focuses on Nutrition and Diet and can be accessed by anyone who wishes to enrol, whether it is relevant to your job role or simply to increase your knowledge. The trainers are all qualified experienced Practitioners and have access to a range of equipment to make the training more interesting and inclusive.
The course includes PowerPoint presentations, group work and case studies.
The course provides the underpinning knowledge of a number of units in the QCF Level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Health and Social Care and Children’s Workforce Development and the related Certificates.
Topics covered during the day include:
- The importance of diet in a variety of medical conditions
- The importance of diet in a variety of cultures and religions
- How to support individuals to make choices about food and drink
- What are the main constituents of a healthy diet
- Why it is importance to storage, preparation and disposal of food correctly
- How to be able to monitor eating and drinking where support is needed so that nutrition is maintained
- How to be aware of the techniques used to maintain well being where oral feeding is not possible
A certificate of attendance is issued for the full day session.
COMPANY CONFERENCE, FRIDAY 5 JULY - STAFF CONTACT
Due to the Via company conference being held on Friday, 5 July 2013 staff communication will be highly limited on this date. Normal contact will be resumed following the event and we will endeavour to deal with your enquiry as soon as possible.More
EMPLOYERS FORUM - 11th JUNE 2013
Join us for our Health & Social Care Employers Forum on Tuesday, 11th June.
It's free to attend and there's breakfast provided on arrivalMore